Immigration & citizenship

Apply to visit, study, work or immigrate to Canada, apply for citizenship or a permanent resident card, check the status of your application or find a form.



Includes applications for federal skilled workers, family sponsorship, start-up visas, refugees, and tips on fraud and using a representative.


Includes visitor visas and extensions for tourists, parents and grandparents and business travellers, transit visas and necessary travel identification documents.


Includes work permit applications and extensions, live-in caregiver applications, getting credentials recognized and hiring foreign workers.


Includes study or student work permit applications and extensions.


Includes how to apply, resume or give up Canadian citizenship, prepare for the citizenship test and get proof of citizenship.

New immigrants

Includes permanent resident cards, immigrant services in your area, and citizenship applications.


Includes family sponsorship, proof of citizenship, passports, adoption, refugee sponsorship and citizenship celebrations.

My Application

Includes application status, processing times, online applications and paper forms, fee payments, medical and police checks.

Find an office

Includes where to send your application, visa application centres, visa offices outside and in Canada.

Help Centre

Find quick and direct answers to your questions, including how to complete application forms, extend visas and permits, and replace lost documents.

Do you want to come to Canada?

Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for, and how to submit an online or paper application.

Apply online for a visa, study or work permit

Submit your application online to work, study or visit Canada.

Date Modified: