This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5507] (PDF, 33 KB) November 2008
- Application for Criminal Rehabilitation [IMM 1444] (PDF, 228 KB) August 2012
- Fees for Immigration Services, Approval of Rehabilitation [IMM 5310] (PDF, 78 KB) February 2004
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB) April 2013
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5312]
Use this application if you want to come to Canada but you are inadmissible because of past criminal activity.
Note: As of March 13, 2012, the term “pardon” has been replaced with “record of suspension” in the Criminal Records Act.
If you have criminal convictions in Canada but no foreign convictions, you can apply to the Parole Board of Canada for a record of suspension. You do not need to fill out this application.
You can apply for rehabilitation if at least five years have passed since you finished your criminal sentence.
If less than five years has passed, you can fill out the form and check “For Information Only.” An officer will decide if you can get special permission to come to Canada temporarily.
Please read the guide carefully before filling out your application.
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Read the Instruction Guide and download the application forms.
- Fill out, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees.
- Mail your completed application.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: