- Document Checklist (CIT 0402)
- Application to Renounce Canadian Citizenship [CIT 0302] April 2016
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] June 2015
- Instruction Guide [CIT 0302]
- Statutory Declaration – Request for a Change of Sex Designation (CIT 0404) March 2016
- Support for a change of sex designation on an IRCC document (CIT 0552) March 2016
This application is for an adult Canadian citizen who wishes to renounce his or her Canadian citizenship. To renounce your Canadian citizenship you must prove you are a Canadian citizen. You must also prove that you are, or will become, a citizen of a country other than Canada, if this application to renounce is approved.
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms.
- Complete, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees. The fee is not refundable. Check the Fee Schedule for Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Mail your fully completed application.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: