For business visitors
- Find out if you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
- Apply and pay the fee:
At the border
In order to facilitate your entry into Canada, it is recommended that you have the following documents in your possession when you arrive at the border:
- a passport or travel document that is valid for your entire stay and guarantees re-entry to your country of origin
- if applicable, a valid temporary resident visa.
- if you need an eTA, you must travel using the same passport you used in your application.
- letters of support from your parent company and a letter of invitation from the Canadian host business or a Letter of Recognition from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- other documents such as warranty or service agreements, contracts, etc. if relevant to the visit
- 24-hour contact details of your business host in Canada and
- proof that you have enough money for both your stay in Canada and your return home.
For Canadian businesses
It is recommended that you:
- Perform due diligence checks on your potential business partner.
- Liaise with the relevant trade commissioner.
- Provide your potential business partner with two copies of a letter of invitation.
- Provide your potential business partner with 24-hour contact details to present when arriving in Canada.
Before you arrive
- Date Modified: