For business visitors
- Find out if you need a visa.
- Locate the visa office where you will apply.
- Find out the projected wait times for visas.
- Gather all documents you need for the application.
- Pay the fee.
- Apply for your visa with all required documents.
At the border
In order to facilitate your entry into Canada, it is recommended that you have the following documents in your possession when you arrive at the border:
- a passport or travel document that is valid for your entire stay and guarantees re-entry to your country of origin
- if applicable, a valid temporary resident visa
- letters of support from your parent company and a letter of invitation from the Canadian host business or a Letter of Recognition from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- other documents such as warranty or service agreements, contracts, etc. if relevant to the visit
- 24-hour contact details of your business host in Canada and
- proof that you have enough money for both your stay in Canada and your return home.
For Canadian businesses
It is recommended that you:
- Perform due diligence checks on your potential business partner.
- Liaise with the relevant trade commissioner.
- Provide your potential business partner with two copies of a letter of invitation.
- Provide your potential business partner with 24-hour contact details to present when arriving in Canada.
Before you arrive
- Date Modified: