Some citizenship requirements (language and knowledge) are changing.
This form for an application under subsection 5(2) is intended for minors (persons under the age of 18) who are permanent residents of Canada who are applying at the same time as their parent or who already have a Canadian parent. The application form should be completed by the minor’s parent or guardian.
Do not use this form to apply for proof that a child born outside Canada to a Canadian parent is a Canadian citizen. If your child was born outside Canada and is a Canadian citizen, apply for proof of citizenship (adults and minors).
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist (CIT 0008)
- Application for Canadian Citizenship — Minors [CIT 0003] June 2017
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
- Instruction Guide
Ensure you use the current version of the forms. Older versions will not be accepted.
In addition, Citizenship applicants 14 years of age or older on the date of the signatures on the application must:
- be able to understand and speak basic English or French, and
- know about Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship
- Date Modified: