- Self-serve options
- Call Centre services (if you are in Canada only)
- CIC offices in Canada
- Canadian visa offices outside Canada
- Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate
- Technical difficulties
- CIC partners
- Multiculturalism office
Our website is your first stop for general information about CIC programs and services. From here, you can:
- Download and print application kits
- Apply online
- Check application processing times
- Check the status of your application
- Pay your fees or print an official receipt
- Change or notify us of a change of address
- Watch “how-to” videos.
If you have more questions, we have a bank of over 500 answers in our Help Centre.
Call Centre services (if you are in Canada only)
We are currently experiencing high call volumes and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. You should only contact the Call Centre if you have submitted an application from within Canada and:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100
- Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to prerecorded information about CIC programs, and check the status of your application.
- Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.Note that agents cannot:
- answer questions about application status once it is sent to a Canadian visa office outside Canada,
- make decisions on applications, or
- help process applications more quickly.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. your local time by calling 1-888-576‑8502.
Canadian visa offices can answer questions about applications processed outside Canada. If you live outside Canada, Canadian visa offices can answer questions about CIC services and programs.
Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate (for Canadian citizens only)
If you are a Canadian citizen and you need proof of citizenship (citizenship certificate), please contact the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate responsible for your region.
- If you have technical problems using this site, please contact the Webmaster. Note: This address is only for technical enquiries, not questions about programs and services. CIC may not be able to provide a personal response to technical questions.
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)
- Immigration Refugee Board of Canada (IRB)
- Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC)
- Passport Canada: 1-800-567-6868
- Service Canada: 1-800 O Canada (1-800-622-6232)
Multiculturalism program offices
- Contact the Multiculturalism Program for information on programs such as the Paul Yuzyk Award, the Mathieu Da Costa Challenge, the Racism. Stop it! National Video Competition, Black History Month, Asian Heritage Month, the Community Historical Recognition Program or grants and contributions.
Where to send your application
- Date Modified: