- How can I check the status of my application?
- How can I get a PR card?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I sign my online visa application?
- How do I pay for my online visa application?
- What do I do if I run into technical problems with my online visa application?
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?
Our website is your first stop for general information about CIC programs and services. From here, you can:
- Download and print application kits
- Apply online
- Check application processing times
- Check the status of your application
- Pay your fees or print an official receipt
- Change or notify us of a change of address
- Watch “how-to” videos.
If you have more questions, we have a bank of over 500 answers in our Help Centre.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) staff work at offices around the world.
Call Centre services (if you are in Canada only)
Contact the Call Centre if you have submitted an application from within Canada and:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100
- Case specific enquiries form (available only if you submitted an application to an in-Canada office or online). If you sent your application outside of Canada please use the International case specific inquiry form for the mission where you applied.
- Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about CIC programs, and check the status of your application.
- Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.
Note that agents cannot:
- answer questions about application status once it is sent to a Canadian visa office outside Canada,
- make decisions on applications, or
- help process applications more quickly.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. your local time by calling 1-888-576‑8502.
- If you have technical problems using this site, please contact the Webmaster. Note: This address is only for technical enquiries, not questions about programs and services. CIC may not be able to provide a personal response to technical questions.
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD)
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)
- Immigration Refugee Board of Canada (IRB)
- Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI)
- Passport Canada: 1-800-567-6868
- Service Canada: 1-800 O Canada (1-800-622-6232)
Where to send your application
- Date Modified: