This application includes the following items:
Part 1: Confirmation of Canadian citizenship of the adoptive parent(s)
- Document Checklist [Form CIT 0484] (PDF, 36 KB) September 2008
- Confirmation of Canadian Citizenship of the Adoptive Parent(s) [Form CIT 0010] (PDF, 167 KB) November 2009
- Instruction Guide [CIT 0009]
Part 2: Adoptee’s application
- Document Checklist [Form CIT 0485] (PDF, 34 KB) December 2011
- Adoptee’s Application [Form CIT 0012] (PDF, 492 KB) April 2009
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate Preparation Form [Form CIT 0480] (PDF, 35 KB) April 2011
- Instruction Guide [CIT 0014]
You have two options to obtain a fees receipt:
- Payment of fees on the Internet
If you have PDF Reader software, a printer, and a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card, you can pay your fees online.
- Payment of fees at a financial institution in Canada
If you cannot or do not wish to pay online, you must obtain an original receipt form IMM 5401 in order to pay at a financial institution. This form is not available on the website because an original receipt with a unique serial number must be used. You may order an original receipt by mail.
This application is for persons applying for citizenship who were or will be adopted by a Canadian citizen.
The adopted person:
- was or will be adopted on or after January 1, 1947
- is not a Canadian citizen
- has at least one (1) parent who was a Canadian citizen at the time of the adoption
- includes minors, persons who were adopted as children and are now adults, and persons who were adopted as adults
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms.
- Complete, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees. The fee is not refundable. Check the Fee Schedule for Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Mail your fully completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: