The Yukon Territory (Yukon) is in the northwest corner of Canada. It borders on British Columbia, the Northwest Territories and Alaska.
Yukon has a total population of 34,157 people with most living in the capital city of Whitehorse.
Yukon is an excellent place to live, work and play. We welcome newcomers every year and offer great opportunities, including:
- friendly people
- a skilled and educated workforce
- up-to-date transportation systems
- outdoor activities in every season of the year
- one of the lowest unemployment rates in Canada
- a strong economy thanks to our natural resources
- broadband Internet service in all of our communities
Services to help you settle in the Yukon
- Yukon’s Immigration website has information on immigration and settlement
- The Multicultural Centre offers a variety of services to newcomers
- information about Yukon communities:
Resources for Francophone immigrants
- Date Modified: