Work in Canada
Apply to work in Canada, extend a work permit or hire a foreign worker.
New measures have been introduced for foreign workers in Canada and Canadian employers who are hiring them.
Read about these changes and how they might affect you.
Includes the list of job categories for which a work permit is not required to work temporarily in Canada.
Includes work permit requirements and applications for foreign workers, live-in caregivers, business people and students.
Includes applications for work permit extensions for foreign workers and live-in caregivers, and applications for open work permits if you are awaiting a decision on a permanent resident application.
Information for youth to travel and work in Canada with the International Experience Canada Program.
Includes requirements to hire foreign workers, live-in caregivers, international students, permanent workers and interns.
Includes finding a job, exploring other career opportunities, and language training for the workplace.
Includes when and how to get your credentials assessed, how to upgrade skills and education and occupation facts.
What we are doing
- Apply for a work permit
- Apply as a skilled worker
- Apply as a skilled tradesperson
- Change conditions or extend your stay
- Opportunities to work in Canada
- Understand your rights as a foreign worker
- Working temporarily in Canada
- Canada wants entrepreneurs
- Gearing up for the launch of Express Entry
- Changes to Canadian Experience Class, federal skilled worker and trades programs
- Attracting skilled newcomers to Canada
- Planning for success, putting Canada first
Do you want to come to Canada?
Answer a few questions to find out if you are eligible to study in Canada or extend your study permit in Canada, and how to submit an online or paper application.
Overhauling the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
The government is reforming the Temporary Foreign Worker Program through a balanced set of reforms to ensure that employers put Canadian workers first.
Find out how to hire a foreign worker for your business
Read the guide to find out how to hire and retain internationally trained workers for your business.
- Date Modified: