Do you want to visit Canada?

New entry requirement now in effect

Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada by air. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.

Find out if you are eligible

Most travellers entering Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visa.

Answer a few questions to find out what you will need to visit Canada.  It will take just a few minutes.

If you need an eTA, you can access the online application form right after you finish the questionnaire. You must have a valid passport, an email address and a credit card to complete the form.

If you need a visa, you can either apply online or on paper. You will get detailed instructions on what to do after you finish the questionnaire.

This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, April 25, 2017, in order to perform system maintenance.

Check your eligibility

Date Modified: