Department of Citizenship and Immigration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) facilitates the arrival of immigrants, provides protection to refugees, and offers programming to help newcomers settle in Canada. It also:
- grants citizenship,
- issues travel documents (such as passports) to Canadians; and
- promotes multiculturalism.
Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander announced today that the government is taking real action to make it faster and easier for Mexican visitors to come to Canada.
Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander issued the following statement marking International Women’s Day…
Our services and information
Includes online updates for sponsorship, permanent resident and citizenship applications using your identification number, name, date and place of birth.
Includes how long it takes to process immigration and citizenship applications by type, by country and by application method (paper or online).
Includes Express Entry for skilled workers, applications for family sponsorship, caregivers, start-up visas and refugees.
Includes how to apply online to work, study or visit Canada and how to access your MyCIC account.
Includes a list of countries whose citizens need a visa to visit or transit through Canada.
Includes application forms to study, work, visit, and immigrate to Canada, as well as for Canadian citizenship and permanent resident cards.
What we are doing
Policies, acts and regulations
- Canadian Multiculturalism Act
- Citizenship Act
- Department of Citizenship and Immigration Act
- Financial Administration Act
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Revolving Funds Act
- User Fees Act
- Citizenship Regulations (SOR/93-246)
- Immigration Division Rules (SOR/2002-229)
- Q4 Quarterly Administrative Data Release
- Q3 Quarterly Administrative Data Release
- Internal Audit of the Control Framework over Grants and Contributions
- Q2 Quarterly Administrative Data Release
- Internal Audit of Informatics Disaster Recovery Planning
- Internal Audit of the Framework for the Management of Compliance
- Government-Assisted Refugee Resettlement in Canada Information Bulletin (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Privately Sponsored Refugee Information Bulletin (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Blended Visa Office-Referred Program Refugee Resettlement in Canada Information Bulletin (PDF, 2.6 MB)
Find quick and direct answers to your questions, including how to complete application forms, extend visas and permits, and replace lost documents.
Do you want to come to Canada?
Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for, and how to submit an online or paper application.
Express Entry provides a faster way for skilled workers to settle in Canada.
- Date Modified: