Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada facilitates the arrival of immigrants, provides protection to refugees, and offers programming to help newcomers settle in Canada. It also:
- grants citizenship,
- issues travel documents (such as passports) to Canadians; and
- promotes multiculturalism.
Our services and information
Includes online updates for sponsorship, permanent resident and citizenship applications using your identification number, name, date and place of birth.
Includes how long it takes to process immigration and citizenship applications by type, by country and by application method (paper or online).
Includes Express Entry for skilled workers, applications for family sponsorship, caregivers, start-up visas and refugees.
Use your account to apply, pay fees, get application status and get your mail online.
Includes a list of countries whose citizens need an eTA or a visa to visit or transit through Canada.
Includes application forms to study, work, visit, and immigrate to Canada, as well as for Canadian citizenship and permanent resident cards.
What we are doing
Policies, acts and regulations
- Canadian Multiculturalism Act
- Citizenship Act
- Department of Citizenship and Immigration Act
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Rapid Impact Evaluation of the Syrian Refugee Initiative
- Evaluation of Temporary Resident Permits
- Evaluation of the Start-Up Visa (SUV) pilot
- Departmental Plan 2017-2018
- Consolidated Future-Oriented Statement of Operations For the Year Ending March 31, 2017
- 2016 Departmental Performance Report
Find quick and direct answers to your questions, including how to complete application forms, extend visas and permits, and replace lost documents.
Do you want to come to Canada?
Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for, and how to submit an online or paper application.
Express Entry provides a faster way for skilled workers to settle in Canada.
- Date Modified: