Department of Citizenship and Immigration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) facilitates the arrival of immigrants, provides protection to refugees, and offers programming to help newcomers settle in Canada. It also:
- grants citizenship,
- issues travel documents (such as passports) to Canadians; and
- promotes multiculturalism.
Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander announced today that the government is taking real action to make it faster and easier for Mexican visitors to come to Canada.
Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander issued the following statement marking International Women’s Day…
Includes applications for federal skilled workers, family sponsorship, start-up visas, refugees, and tips on fraud and using a representative.
Includes how to apply, resume or give up Canadian citizenship, prepare for the citizenship test and get proof of citizenship.
Includes Permanent Resident Cards, immigrant services in your area, and citizenship applications.
Includes family sponsorship, proof of citizenship, passports, adoption, refugee sponsorship and citizenship celebrations.
Includes visitor visas and extensions for tourists, parents and grandparents and business travellers, transit visas and necessary travel identification documents.
Includes application status, processing times, online applications and paper forms, fee payments, medical and police checks.
Includes work permit applications and extensions, live-in caregiver applications, getting credentials recognized and hiring foreign workers.
Includes study or student work permit applications and extensions.
What we are doing
Policies, acts and regulations
- Canadian Multiculturalism Act
- Citizenship Act
- Department of Citizenship and Immigration Act
- Financial Administration Act
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Revolving Funds Act
- User Fees Act
- Citizenship Regulations (SOR/93-246)
- Immigration Division Rules (SOR/2002-229)
- Q4 Quarterly Administrative Data Release
- Q3 Quarterly Administrative Data Release
- Internal Audit of the Control Framework over Grants and Contributions
- Q2 Quarterly Administrative Data Release
- Internal Audit of Informatics Disaster Recovery Planning
- Internal Audit of the Framework for the Management of Compliance
- Canadian Experience Class
- Government-Assisted Refugee Resettlement in Canada Information Bulletin (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Privately Sponsored Refugee Information Bulletin (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Blended Visa Office-Referred Program Refugee Resettlement in Canada Information Bulletin (PDF, 2.6 MB)
Find quick and direct answers to your questions, including how to complete application forms, extend visas and permits, and replace lost documents.
Do you want to come to Canada?
Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for, and how to submit an online or paper application.
Apply online for a visa, study or work permit
Brief description of the initiative, task or information being promoted.
- Date Modified: