Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) facilitates the arrival of immigrants, provides protection to refugees, and offers programming to help newcomers settle in Canada. It also:
- grants citizenship,
- issues travel documents (such as passports) to Canadians; and
- promotes multiculturalism.
2014-05-12 10:35 – News release
CAN+ program to facilitate trade and travel with Mexico
Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander announced today that the government is taking real action to make it faster and easier for Mexican visitors to come to Canada.
2014-03-08 14:20 – Statement
Strong Women Lead to a Stronger Canada
Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander issued the following statement marking International Women's Day…
- Minister Kenney issues statement to celebrate Jamaican Diaspora Day
2014-06-16 18:42 - Statement
- Minister Kenney honoured by the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce
2014-06-14 22:28 – News release
- Keeping lessons from the Holocaust alive
2014-06-14 12:00 – News release
- Minister Kenney issues statement to celebrate Philippine Independence Day
2014-06-12 13:17 - Statement
- Minister Kenney issues statement to celebrate Portugal Day
2014-06-10 11:27 - Statement
- Bringing the story of the Komagata Maru to life
2014-06-06 12:20 – News release
Information and services
Get quick, easy access to key information and services.
Includes applications for federal skilled workers, family sponsorship, start-up visas, refugees, and tips on fraud and using a representative.
Includes how to apply, resume or give up Canadian citizenship, prepare for the citizenship test and get proof of citizenship.
Includes visitor visas and extensions for tourists, parents and grandparents and business travellers, transit visas and necessary travel identification documents.
Includes Permanent Resident Cards, immigrant services in your area, and citizenship applications.
Includes family sponsorship, proof of citizenship, passports, adoption, refugee sponsorship and citizenship celebrations.
Includes application status, processing times, online applications and paper forms, fee payments, medical and police checks.
Reports and publications
We produce a wide variety of reports and publications.
- Q4 Quarterly Administrative Data Release
- Q3 Quarterly Administrative Data Release
- Internal Audit of the Control Framework over Grants and Contributions
- Q2 Quarterly Administrative Data Release
- Internal Audit of Informatics Disaster Recovery Planning
- Internal Audit of the Framework for the Management of Compliance
- Canadian Experience Class
- Government-Assisted Refugee Resettlement in Canada Information Bulletin (PDF, 2.57 MB)
- Privately Sponsored Refugee Information Bulletin (PDF, 2.56 MB)
- Blended Visa Office-Referred Program Refugee Resettlement in Canada Information Bulletin (PDF, 2.57MB)
Information about relevant policies, acts, regulations and our Forward Regulatory Plan.
Includes consultations on a range of topics or proposed regulatory changes. Have your say.
Information about initiatives and strategies that CIC is currently working on.
- Date Modified: