Interim Federal Health Program Policy
The Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) provides limited, temporary, coverage of health-care benefits to protected persons, refugee claimants, and other specified groups who are not eligible for provincial or territorial health insurance.
Temporary public policies
- Temporary public policy concerning certain foreign nationals affected by the executive order of the United States of America entitled: “Protecting the nation from foreign terrorist entry into the United States”
- Temporary public policy to facilitate the sponsorship of Syrian and Iraqi refugees by Groups of Five and Community Sponsors - ended
- Temporary public policy concerning the application of the cumulative duration limit
- Public policy concerning individuals refused post-graduation work permit access between September 1, 2014 to March 15, 2016
- Temporary public policy concerning Tibetans living in the state of Arunachal Pradesh in India
- Public policy concerning work permit requirement exemptions for caregivers
- Public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application
- Public policy concerning economic class permanent residence applicants and express entry candidates whose language proficiency cannot be tested in all four language skill areas due to a physical or mental disability
- Temporary public policy concerning failed refugee claimants subject to the 12-month bar on requests for humanitarian and compassionate consideration following the lifting of the temporary suspension of removals (TSR) on Haiti and Zimbabwe
The IRPA of 2002 provides the legislative authority for Canada’s immigration program. IRPA contains various provisions that allow the Minister to issue special Instructions to immigration officers to enable the Government of Canada to best attain its immigration goals.
Find information about agreements between Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and other departments and governments.
See IRCC manuals and operational bulletins or read related questions and answers.
Reports and statistics
- Date Modified: