Interim Federal Health Program Policy
The Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) provides limited, temporary, taxpayer-funded coverage of health-care benefits to protected persons, refugee claimants, and other specified groups who are not eligible for provincial or territorial health insurance.
Temporary public policies
- Temporary public policy concerning Tibetans living in the state of Arunachal Pradesh in India
- Temporary public policy concerning failed refugee claimants subject to the 12-month bar on requests for humanitarian and compassionate consideration following the lifting of the temporary suspension of removals (TSR) on Haiti and Zimbabwe
- Temporary public policy concerning work permits for persons currently benefitting from Haitian special measures following the lifting of the temporary suspension of removals (TSR) on Haiti
- Health coverage under the Interim Federal Health Program for persons currently benefitting from Haitian special measures
- Public policy concerning work permit requirement exemptions for caregivers
- Public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application
- Public policy concerning economic class permanent residence applicants and express entry candidates whose language proficiency cannot be tested in all four language skill areas due to a physical or mental disability
The IRPA of 2002 provides the legislative authority for Canada’s immigration program. IRPA contains various provisions that allow the Minister to issue special Instructions to immigration officers to enable the Government of Canada to best attain its immigration goals.
Multiculturalism policy and legislation
In 1971, Canada became the first country in the world to adopt a Multiculturalism Policy. Canada’s approach to diversity has evolved over the years and is embedded within a broad policy and legislative framework.
Find information about agreements between Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and other departments and governments.
See CIC manuals and operational bulletins or read related questions and answers.
Reports and statistics
- Date Modified: