Federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) governments commit to welcoming and supporting newcomers, to join in building vibrant communities and a prosperous Canada.
This vision aims to ensure that:
- Canada is a destination of choice;
- Immigration contributes to increased economic growth, innovation, entrepreneurship, and competitiveness;
- The benefits of immigration are shared across Canada;
- Communities welcome and support newcomers;
- Immigrants participate to their full potential, economically and socially;
- The immigration system is trusted and valued; and
- Social and humanitarian commitments are strengthened.
To achieve this Joint Vision for Immigration, FPT partners commit to working together over the next three years in three priority areas: Immigration Levels Planning, Economic Immigration, and Settlement and Integration of Newcomers. The Vision Action Plan sets out shared FPT strategic objectives, key actions and expected results.
|Immigration Levels Planning||Economic Immigration||Settlement and Integration of Newcomers|
|Strategic Objectives||Immigration levels plans that reflect economic demand||A fast, flexible economic immigration system focused primarily on meeting labour market needs across Canada||Improved economic and social settlement and integration outcomes|
Implementation of the Vision Action Plan will improve Canada’s immigration program to the benefit of all regions.
Under the Canada-Québec Accord relating to immigration and temporary admission of aliens, Québec fully assumes sole responsibility for establishing immigration levels, and for the selection, francization and integration of immigrants. In areas under its responsibility, Québec develops its policies and programs, legislates, regulates and sets its own standards.
Subscribe to news
MultimediaView over 100 videos
- Date Modified: