If you are the first person in your organization to enrol in the Employer Portal, you will become the employer primary user and you will have to give all other users in your organization access to enrol. Do not be the first to enrol if this is not your responsibility. Changing the primary user is a complicated process and may affect your organization’s ability to complete offers of employment in a timely fashion.
The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Employer Portal is designed for employers participating in the International Mobility Program (IMP). The portal lets employers submit offers of employment for each Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt temporary worker they hire. Employers should make sure they do not need an LMIA before they submit an offer of employment. You must use an electronic credential to access the Employer Portal. This electronic credential can be a GCKey or a Sign-In Partner (SecureKey Concierge).
Read the following before using the Employer Portal:
- Employer Portal enrolment guide Updated
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to enrol in the Employer Portal.
- Employer Portal user guide
This guide provides step-by-step instructions for employers and their representatives on how to use the Employer Portal.
- Frequently asked questions about hiring temporary workers
- Use the same sign in information you use for other online services (for example, online banking)
- None of your information will be shared with CIC. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
- You will temporarily leave Canada.ca to use your Sign-In Partner
View the full list of Sign-In Partners
- Affinity Credit Union
- BMO Financial Group
- Choice Rewards MasterCard
- CIBC Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Desjardins Group
- National Bank of Canada
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Bank Group
- Sign in with a GCKey user ID and password if you do not use one of the Sign-In Partners
- Register for a GCKey user ID and password if you do not have one.
Technical difficulties: We upgrade our system on a regular basis and this may cause minor technical issues. If you experience any issues when signing in, clear your browser cache and try again.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties after clearing your browser cache, email CIC.EmployerPortal-Portaildelemployeur.CIC@cic.gc.ca. In your email, include a detailed description of the problem, the steps you have taken and, if possible, a screenshot.
You should receive a response within 5 business days. If we can’t fix your issue, you may receive new instructions on how to submit your offer of employment.
- Date Modified: