Determine your eligibility
Before applying online, make sure you are eligible for what you are applying for. Answer a few questions to find out what you can apply for.
Is your application available online?
Not all applications can be submitted online at this time.
Currently, you can apply online for:
- a visitor visa;
- a study permit;
- a work permit;
- coverage under the Interim Federal Health Program; and
- permanent residence through our Express Entry program.
You will need a valid credit card and the ability to upload documents to apply online.
Create an account or sign in
MyCIC is used for all online applications. With your MyCIC account, you can submit your application online, pay your fees and check your application status.
You can either create a MyCIC account using your online banking login (Sign-In Partner) or a Government of Canada login (GCKey). MyCIC uses these logins for security purposes. Learn more about Sign-In Partner and GCKey.
After you create an account, you can start your application.
Sign in to your MyCIC account using:
- Sign in Partner (SecureKey Concierge), which uses your online banking information or
- GCKey, the Government of Canada credential.
If you don't have a MyCIC account, start by deciding which electronic credential you will use. Read more about how to access our online services through SecureKey or GCKey.
- Use the same sign in information you use for other online services (for example, online banking)
- None of your information will be shared with CIC. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
- You will temporarily leave Canada.ca to use your Sign-In Partner
View the full list of Sign-In Partners
- BMO Financial Group
- Choice Rewards MasterCard
- Desjardins Group
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Bank Group
- Sign in with a GCKey user ID and password if you do not use one of the Sign-In Partners
- Register for a GCKey user ID and password if you do not have one.
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: