Under Express Entry, candidates who meet the criteria will be accepted into a pool of possible candidates for immigration to Canada.
Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool using a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will regularly select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool by inviting them to apply to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents.
Note: Entry into the Express Entry pool does not guarantee a candidate will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence. Invited candidates still have to meet eligibility and admissibility requirements under Canada’s immigration law (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
CIC will invite candidates from the Express Entry pool to apply on a regular basis. Every round of invitations will have a set of instructions the electronic system will use to invite candidates from the pool. These instructions will be posted on this website before each round of invitations.
These instructions will include:
- the date and time of the round of invitations,
- the number of candidates that will get an ITA, and
- if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) will be included.
If the instructions do not specify which immigration program the candidates must be eligible for, the invitations will be based solely on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.
Express Entry Year-End Report 2015
This report is a snapshot of the Express Entry system for the first year of implementation. It is based on a data extract as of January 3, 2016. It includes information on the distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool, information on the characteristics of candidates invited to apply in 2015 as well as information on the number of admissions through Express Entry.
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – August 10, 2016
No program specified
|Number of invitations issued||CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited|
|754Footnote *||490 points|
Top questions about Express Entry profiles
- What do I do if I lost my GCKey username or password?
- What do you mean by Primary Occupation?
- What is a personal reference code for Express Entry? Where can I get a one?
- My personal reference code is not working. What should I do?
- Where can I find my Express Entry profile number and/or Job Seeker validation code?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- See all questions about this topic
Video - How Express Entry worksExpress Entry: Canada potential candidates
Video - Choose CanadaExpress Entry: Canada, your new home
- Date Modified: