How do I fill out an application?
Here are a few tips for completing your application form.
- Answer every question, even if it does not apply to your situation. If an answer or the whole application seems incomplete, the application may be returned or refused.
- If you do not have an answer to a question, and there are no instructions for it on the form or in the Instruction Guide, write “not applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided. If necessary, briefly explain why it does not apply to you. You must write something in every space on the application form. That shows you have read and filled out the form fully.
- If your answer to a question will not fit in the space on a printed form, write your full answer on a separate sheet of paper. When doing so, you must note (on the paper) the exact form you are using and the letter or number of the question you are answering.
- If you would like to provide more information such as details of your circumstances, please do so on a separate sheet of paper.
For more tips regarding completing forms, see Completing an application form FAQs.
Answers others found useful
- How can I extend my stay as a visitor?
- What immigration programs can I apply for?
- How can I determine whether I can apply for permanent residency?
- What if some of the questions on the application form do not apply to me?
- What is my client ID?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online application?
- How can I change or review my answers?
- How do I submit my application?
- What language should my supporting documentation be in?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- Date Modified: