How can I check the status of my application?
It depends on the type of application.
Temporary residence applications (visitor visa, work permit, study permit)
Temporary Residence Application – Online submission
If you applied online for a visitor visa, work permit, or study permit you can check your status in MyCIC:
- Sign in to your MyCIC account.
- Under “view my submitted applications” click on “check status and messages”.
Temporary Residence Application – Paper submission
If you applied for a visitor visa, work permit, or study permit using a paper application, check the processing times to get an idea how long it takes to process your type of application.
All other applications (sponsorship, permanent residence, Canadian citizenship)
If you are the sponsor or principal applicant, you can check the Client Application Status (CAS) service. (Note: If you are a family member included on someone else’s application, you can view your profile but not the status of your application.)
To use this service, you will need to enter some personal information, such as:
- the identification number related to the application, immigration document or correspondence you got from CIC,
- your surname(s) as they appear on your application or identity documents,
- your date of birth and
- your place of birth.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application in the CAS system. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date Modified: