What are the language requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?
You must prove your language skills by taking a third-party language test from an agency designated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
When creating your Express Entry profile, you must fill in all the information related to the language test you have taken in English and/or French for your first and second official language.
You also need to make sure that you meet the minimum language threshold in order to be eligible for the program.
Your language test results must be valid (written in the last two years) at all times during the application process. If they expire, you should retake the test and provide us with valid results otherwise your application will be rejected as incomplete or may be refused.
Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.
Please use this option only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
In Canada: You can use this case specific enquiry form.
Outside Canada: You can use the case-specific enquiry form for the visa office where you sent your application.
Answers others found useful
- Who is a federal skilled worker?
- Can I count part-time work toward the requirements for work experience?
- Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?
- If I have a year of work experience in more than one eligible federal skilled worker job, can I apply more than once?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Worker Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- I applied as a federal skilled worker before, but my application was returned because the cap for my occupation was full. Can I re-apply under the new cap?
- If I re-apply as a federal skilled worker under the new cap, can I re-use my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report?
- If I applied under the previous Federal Skilled Worker Program caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
- Will skilled immigrants be considered under both the current admissions system and Express Entry in 2015?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Trades Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Federal Skilled Trades Program caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Canadian Experience Class application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Canadian Experience Class caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
- Date Modified: