Help Center - Answer

Help Centre

What is the new policy on criminal inadmissibility?

Normally, if you have been convicted of an offence, such as mischief or driving under the influence, you cannot enter Canada without a permit that has a processing fee of C$200.

However, as of March 1, 2012, you may be able to get a temporary resident permit for one visit without having to pay the C$200 processing fee if you:

  • have served no jail time, and
  • have committed no other acts that would prevent you from entering Canada.

Answers others found useful

Date Modified: