Help Center - Answer

Help Centre

Can I apply to extend my Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program work permit?

New fees to be paid by employers and open work permit applicants are being introduced on February 21, 2015. There is also a new process that employers must follow when hiring Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt foreign workers.

Read about the changes and how they may affect you.

No. The rules for the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP) differ from those for other work permits. Under the SAWP, you may remain in Canada for a maximum of 8 months between January 1st and December 15th. You must leave Canada no later than December 15th. Your employer must request authorization from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to hire you each season. This is known as a positive Labour Market Opinion. More information is available from ESDC and the Quebec immigration ministry. Your employer may want to rehire you. Even so, you must go back to your home country before you can apply for another work permit.

Answers others found useful

Date Modified: