Help Center - Answer

Help Centre

How do I sponsor my spouse, partner or dependent child to become a permanent resident of Canada?

As of August 1, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will be changing its definition of a dependent child for its immigration programs. As of that date, a dependent child will have to be under 19 years of age, instead of the previous limit of under 22 years of age. Find out more about the change in the definition of a dependent child. New application kits, forms and fee information will be available on August 1, 2014. These new forms must be used starting August 1, 2014.

To sponsor a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child, you must send the required forms to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. To sponsor more than one dependent child, you must use a separate application form for each child and send all the applications in the same envelope.

Answers others found useful

Date Modified: