How can I check the status of my sponsorship application?
- Step 1: Check the processing times.
- Step 2: Check your application status online through the Client Application Status service.
- Step 3: If the normal processing time for your application type has passed and you are sponsoring a member of the Family Class, you may also your check case status through the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre.
Was this answer useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please use this option only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
In Canada: You can use this case specific enquiry form.
Outside Canada: You can use the case-specific enquiry form for the visa office where you sent your application.
Answers others found useful
- Which family members may come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How do I sponsor my spouse, partner or dependent child to become a permanent resident of Canada?
- How old must my spouse or common-law partner be for me to sponsor them to immigrate to Canada?
- Does CIC recognize marriages conducted by proxy, telephone, internet and fax?
- How long will it take to process my application to sponsor someone to live in Canada?
- Date Modified: