Help Center - Answer

Help Centre

Do I need a visa to visit Canada?

Depending on your citizenship, you may. People travelling on passports from certain countries and territories need a temporary resident visa (commonly known as a visitor visa) to travel to Canada.

Transport companies, such as airlines, must ensure you have proper, valid travel documents when you enter Canada. If you do not have the proper documents, including a temporary resident visa, you may be delayed or denied boarding.

To find out if you need a visa:

Option 1

Select your country of citizenship from this country list to quickly:

  • find out if you need a visa, and
  • link to each visa type's application forms and instructions.

Option 2

Answer the Come to Canada questionnaire. This will take just a few minutes of your time. With this tool you can:

  • find out if you need a visa,
  • find out which visa will work best for you based on your answers, and
  • get all the steps to apply on a personalized results page.

Answers others found useful

Date Modified: