Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
Depending on your citizenship, you may need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) as of March 15, 2016 or a visa to travel to Canada.
Transport companies, such as airlines, must ensure you have proper, valid travel documents when you enter Canada. If you do not have the proper documents, including an eTA or visitor visa, you may be delayed or denied boarding.
To find out if you need an eTA or a visa
Select your country of citizenship from this country list to quickly:
- find out what you need to come to Canada, and
- get the application forms and instructions.
Please use this option only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
In Canada: You can use this case specific enquiry form.
Outside Canada: You can use the case-specific enquiry form for the visa office where you sent your application.
- Date Modified: