When should I apply for my study permit?
New rules for prospective international students will take effect on June 1, 2014.
The new regulations will improve services to genuine students, while protecting Canada’s international reputation for high-quality education and reducing the potential for fraud and misuse of the program.
For a summary of the changes, please see this notice.
Apply as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance. The times needed to process your application may vary among visa offices. Check our application processing times for details.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?
- Date Modified: