When should I apply for my study permit?
New rules for prospective international students are now in effect (as of June 1, 2014).
Read about these changes and how they may impact you.
Apply as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance. The times needed to process your application may vary among visa offices. Check our application processing times for details.
Please use this option only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
In Canada: You can use this case specific enquiry form.
Outside Canada: You can use the case-specific enquiry form for the visa office where you sent your application.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?
- Date Modified: