I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?
New rules for prospective international students are now in effect (as of June 1, 2014).
Read about these changes and how they may impact you.
Primary school student
- You must apply to modify your study permit when you move on to high school. Send your application to the CIC Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
High school student
- You must apply to modify your study permit when you move on to post-secondary school. Send your application to the CIC Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
- You may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (e.g. from the Bachelor level to the Masters level) without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
Please use this option only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
In Canada: You can use this case specific enquiry form.
Outside Canada: You can use the case-specific enquiry form for the visa office where you sent your application.
Answers others found useful
- Date Modified: