Help Center - Answer

Help Centre

I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?

New rules for prospective international students are now in effect (as of June 1, 2014).

Read about these changes and how they may impact you.

Primary school student

High school student

Post-secondary student

  • You may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (e.g. from the Bachelor level to the Masters level) without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
  • However, you must notify CIC via your MyCIC account when you are transferring from one designated learning institution to another, even if it is at the same level of study.

Answers others found useful

Date Modified: