As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?
If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have:
- a valid passport or travel document;
- a valid study permit if you are returning to study in Canada; and
- a valid temporary resident visa, if you are a citizen of a country or territory whose citizens require visas in order to enter Canada as visitors.
You must re-apply for a temporary resident visa (commonly known as an entry visa) if:
- your previous visa has expired; or
- your previous visa was only valid for a single entry to Canada.
Apply at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada, or if you are in Canada and hold a valid study permit or work permit you may apply for a new visa at Central Processing Pilot in Ottawa, Ontario.
If you are a citizen of a country or territory whose citizens require visas in order to enter Canada as visitors and you travel to a country other than the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a multiple-entry visa to come back to Canada.
Answers others found useful
- Date Modified: