What should I do if my new PR Card has a mistake or something is missing?
You can apply for a reissued PR Card if the mistake was made by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Please note that if your given name has more than 15 letters or your surname has more than 20 letters, the name appearing on the PR Card will be shortened. This is not a mistake and the card will not be reissued to change the name.
Please use this option only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
In Canada: You can use this case specific enquiry form.
Outside Canada: You can use the case-specific enquiry form for the visa office where you sent your application.
Answers others found useful
- Date Modified: