What should I do if my new permanent resident card has a mistake or something is missing?
You can apply for a reissued permanent resident (PR) card if the mistake was made by CIC.
If either your given name or your surname has more than 28 letters, the name appearing on the PR card will be shortened. This is not a mistake and the card will not be reissued to change the name.
Please use this Web form if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check the status of your application online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- Date Modified: