How do I sign my online visa application?
You will have to type in your name and answer a security question to submit your application. This is your electronic signature.
- Do not print out your application form to sign it.
- Do not use the “signature panel” at the top of the screen
To sign your online application:
1) Type your name in the box provided.
Your given name and last name must be exactly the same as on your application form. For children under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must electronically sign your application form.
2) Answer the security question.
The security question is one of the four security questions you created when you registered for your MyCIC account. You must answer exactly as you did when you enrolled in MyCIC.
Please use this option only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
In Canada: You can use this case specific enquiry form.
Outside Canada: You can use the case-specific enquiry form for the visa office where you sent your application.
Answers others found useful
- Date Modified: