What is a personal reference code?
Your personal reference code is a unique code assigned to you through Come to Canada, our online eligibility tool. You will need to enter this code to:
- begin an online application for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or
- to carry your information from Come to Canada over to an Express Entry profile.
Your personal reference code is found at the top of your results page after you have answered all the questions in the tool. You should write it down and print a copy of your results and/or checklist. This code is only valid for 60 days from the date you completed the questions in the eligibility tool.
Please use this option only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
In Canada: You can use this case specific enquiry form.
Outside Canada: You can use the case-specific enquiry form for the visa office where you sent your application.
Answers others found useful
- Date Modified: