How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
1. Make sure you can be a sponsor
- Find out if you’re eligible to sponsor your spouse, partner or children
- If you live in Quebec, you must also meet Quebec’s conditions to be a sponsor
2. Send in your application
There are two parts to family sponsorship applications:
- your application to become a sponsor
- the permanent residence application of your spouse, partner, or dependent children
You must send both applications at the same time.
Find out more about how to apply.
3. After you apply
During processing, track your application and make sure it's up to date by:
- checking the status of your application
- updating or making changes to your address or other information
- adding or changing your representative
- withdrawing your sponsorship
Answers others found useful
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: