How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
You can sponsor your spouse, partner or child to live in Canada if you’re a:
- Canadian citizen
- person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- permanent resident
Find out more about the steps and requirements to sponsor your spouse, partner or child.
If you’re coming to Canada for a short time, find out if your spouse, partner or child can come with you.
If you’re looking for information about sponsoring another family member, find out how to:
Answers others found useful
- What is a complex family sponsorship application?
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
- My courier did not deliver my PGP application to your PO Box. What should I do?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: