How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
1. Make sure you can be a sponsor
- Find out if you are eligible to sponsor your spouse, partner or children.
- If you live in Quebec, you must also meet Quebec’s conditions to be a sponsor.
2. Send in your application
There are two parts to family sponsorship applications:
- Your application to become a sponsor.
- The permanent residence application of your spouse, partner, or dependent children.
You must send both applications at the same time.
Find out more about how to apply.
3. After you apply
During processing, track your application and make sure it's up to date by
- checking the status of your application;
- updating or making changes to your address or other information;
- adding or changing your representative;
- withdrawing your application.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: