Can my friend or family member handle my immigration or citizenship application for me?
Yes, if you send a completed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) with your application. This form is for if you wish to appoint a representative (an immigration or citizenship consultant, lawyer, friend, family member, etc.) to provide advice, consultation, or guidance to you at any stage of the immigration or citizenship application process, or in an immigration or citizenship proceeding.
If you want your spouse, a family member or a friend to check your application status for you, see What should I do if I want my spouse, family member or friend to check on my application for me?
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: