What should I do if I want my spouse, family member or friend to check on my application for me?
If you want your spouse, family member, friend or other person to check your application status for you, but not do business with IRCC on your behalf, you must:
- Fill and submit the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475) form with your application.
- If you already submitted your application, send the authorization through this Web form. It will take us 5 to 10 business days to update your file.
Note: If you want to appoint someone to do business with us on your behalf, you must submit a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: