How can I get my immigration application processed faster?
The time it takes to process an application varies. It depends on where you applied and your situation. To avoid delays:
- include all the information we ask for with your application. Use the document checklist in the application package
- tell us of any changes to the personal information on your application, such as changes to your:
- contact information
- family situation
- make sure the photocopies and documents you give us are clear
- provide certified English or French translations of original documents that you submit in other languages
- tell the truth on your application
There may be delays in processing your application if:
- you do not tell us of any criminal or security problems related to it
- your family situation is unclear because of issues such as
- a divorce
- an incomplete adoption
- unresolved child custody issues
- the office has to consult with other offices in Canada or abroad
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: