How can I check the status of my application?
It depends on the type of application.
If you applied online, you can check your status in your account:
- Sign in to your account.
- Under “View my submitted applications or profiles” click on “check status and messages”.
If you applied online for an eTA, you can check online with the eTA Check status tool. You will need the application number sent to you in the email confirmation.
There are two ways you can check your application status online. You can:
- Use the Check application status tool, which is updated daily or
- Create an online account and link your paper application to it. You will get:
- detailed application status in real-time and
- messages about your application online instead of by mail.
Checking your status through your online account is not available for all paper applications. See: Which applications can I link to my online account?
Answers others found useful
- Why did processing times information change?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application in the CAS system. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date Modified: