How can I check the status of my application?
It depends on the type of application.
If you applied online, you can check your status in your account:
- Sign in to your account.
- Under View my submitted applications or profiles click on check status and messages.
If you applied online for an eTA, you can check online. You’ll need the application number that is on the email confirmation we sent you.
You can check the status of your paper application online by:
- using the online tool, which is updated daily or
- creating an online account and linking your paper application to it. You’ll get:
- detailed application status in real-time and
- messages about your application online instead of by mai
Not all people who applied on paper can check their status through an online account. See which applications you can link to your online account.
Answers others found useful
- Why did processing times information change?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application in the CAS system. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date Modified: