Why can’t I see my immigration case status in the Client application status tool?
If you can’t see your case status in the client application status (CAS) tool, there are a few reasons why.
We haven’t started processing your application. Your status will only show once we start processing your application. There may be a delay between the date we receive your application and the date we open it.
Your application status isn’t available in the tool you used and you need to check your status a different way:
- if you applied online, sign in to your account
- if you applied for an eTA, check using this status tool
- if you applied on paper, you can link some applications to an online account
You can only check the application status if you’re the sponsor or principal applicant:
- family members can view their profile, but not application status
- for sponsored spouses:
- sponsors can only see the sponsorship part of an application
- applicant can only see the permanent residence part of an application
We removed your application from CAS tool. Once we make a decision, the application only stays in CAS for a certain number of days. How long it stays in CAS tool depends on the type of application:
- permanent resident applications: 180 days after you arrive in Canada
- permanent resident card applications: 30 days after you get your card
- citizenship applications: 180 days after we make a decision
- visa applications: 365 days if you were refused, you withdrew or your application expired
You entered the wrong personal information. Make sure the information you enter matches your passport or identity documents.
There is a temporary technical issue. You won’t be able to access online services if there’s system maintenance.
You’re using a web browser we don’t support. Try using
- Internet Explorer
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: