Why can’t I see my immigration case status online?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to see your case status online via CAS. They include the following:
- The application is not yet in process: Your application status is available only once the processing of the application has started.
- You have submitted a type of application that is not included in CAS: You cannot see information on temporary residence applications (work permit, study permit or visitor record) on CAS. Note: Applicants who used MyCIC to apply will receive an email update once a decision has been reached regarding your application.
- You are not the sponsor or principal applicant for an immigration application: As a family member included on an immigration application, you cannot view the status of your application online. You can view your profile but not the status of your application. Only the sponsor or principal applicant can see the status information.
Note for spousal sponsorship:
- The sponsor will only have access to information about the sponsorship part of an application.
- The applicant will only have access to information about the permanent residence part of an application.
- The application is no longer in progress: Once a decision has been made, the application remains in CAS for a certain number of days and then is removed from the system. The length of time an application stays in CAS depends on the type of application.
- Permanent Residents applications will stay in CAS for 180 days after the applicant has landed.
- Permanent Resident cards will stay in CAS for 30 days after the client receives their card.
- Citizenship applications will stay in CAS for 180 days after CIC has made a final decision.
- Application for visas that have been refused, withdrawn or expired will stay in CAS for 365 days.
- The wrong personal information is being entered: Sponsors or principal applicants for immigration and all citizenship applicants may enter their personal information to access the case status. However, dependants included in sponsorship or permanent resident applications cannot use their own personal information to do so.
- There are differences in the way your personal information was recorded: Make sure the information appearing in your application matches that on your passport or identity documents. If there are errors, you may not be able to see your case status.
- There is a temporary technical issue: Sometimes, online services are temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance.
- You are using a Web browser that CAS does not support: You may use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Other browsers are not supported.
For more information on seeing your case status online, see all questions for this topic.
Answers others found useful
- Why did processing times information change?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application in the CAS system. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date Modified: