How do I renew my permanent resident card?
Most permanent resident (PR) cards are valid for five years. You should renew your card six months before it expires.
To renew your PR card, you must:
- fill out and submit the application form;
- include two photos that follows our specifications;
- inlcude supporting documents; and
- pay the $50 fee.
You will need to follow these steps each time you renew or replace your PR card.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PRcard?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: