How do I renew my permanent resident card?
Most permanent resident (PR) cards are valid for five years. You should renew your card six months before it expires.
To renew your PR card, you must:
- fill out and submit the application form;
- include two photos that follows our specifications;
- inlcude supporting documents; and
- pay the $50 fee.
You will need to follow these steps each time you renew or replace your PR card.
Please use this Web form if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check the status of your application online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- Date Modified: