How do I renew my permanent resident card?
If your permanent resident (PR) card is expired or will expire in less than nine months, you can renew it using the paper application form for a PR card. It is the same application whether you are applying for a new card or renewing an existing one.
To be eligible for a PR card, you need to:
- be a permanent resident
- submit your application in Canada
Find out how to submit a PR card application.
Answers others found useful
- I lost my permanent resident card. How do I replace it?
- I lost my citizenship certificate. How do I get it replaced?
- How do I replace an immigration document that is wrong or has been lost, stolen or destroyed?
- How can I correct an error on my record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence record?
- What documents should I send with my application for a citizenship certificate (also known as proof of citizenship)?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: