How can I avoid delays or refusals in processing my permanent resident card application?
To avoid delays or a refusal, ensure that you:
- properly fill out and sign the application form(s);
- fill out Section H (Solemn Declaration) if your card was:
- destroyed, or
- never received;
- include all the documents listed on the Document Checklist at the end of the form;
- include the supplementary identification form;
- pay online with a credit card, and
- include the proof of payment with your application.
See other processing times questions.
Answers others found useful
- I lost my permanent resident card. How do I replace it?
- I lost my citizenship certificate. How do I get it replaced?
- How do I replace an immigration document that is wrong or has been lost, stolen or destroyed?
- How can I correct an error on my record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence record?
- What documents should I send with my application for a citizenship certificate (also known as proof of citizenship)?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: