If I am granted citizenship, what happens to my permanent resident card?
Once you are granted citizenship, you are no longer a permanent resident (PR) and your PR card will no longer be valid. We will collect your PR card at the citizenship ceremony.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: