How can I avoid delays or refusals in processing my application?
To help avoid delays or a refusal, make sure that you:
- carefully read the application guide for your immigration category and follow the instructions;
- properly fill out, sign and date the application form(s);
- if required, provide biometrics (fingerprints and photos) as soon as possible within 30 days of receiving the request;
- include all the required documents as indicated on the application checklist;
- pay the right fee using the correct method of payment;
- include the payment with your application; and
- double-check your application before submitting it.
Things that can cause delays:
- Your medical and security screening takes longer than usual
- We need to interview you
- You communicate with us by mail instead of using an online account
- You don’t respond to our requests for information quickly
- High numbers of applications
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: