Who can sponsor a refugee?
These people or groups can sponsor a refugee:
- Sponsorship agreement holders: These groups have a formal agreement with the department to sponsor refugees.
- Groups of five: This is a group of five or more Canadian citizens or permanent residents who live in the community where the refugees will settle.
- Community sponsors: This is an organization, an association or a corporation based in the community where the refugees will settle.
You can find out more about each group in the Guide to the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program.
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date Modified: