Will the refugee have to pay any costs?
Yes. Refugees resettled to Canada are responsible for paying for their medical examination, travel documents and transportation costs to Canada. To help refugees cover these costs, they are able to access the Immigration Loans Program. For more information on the loans program, see the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program handbooks.
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date Modified: