Will the refugee have to pay any costs?
Yes. Refugees resettled to Canada are responsible for paying for their medical examination, travel documents and transportation costs to Canada. To help refugees cover these costs, they are able to access the Immigration Loans Program. For more information on the loans program, see the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program handbooks.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date Modified: