Do refugees get the same support across Canada?
Support services under the Resettlement Assistance Program are the same across Canada. The monthly income support varies slightly from province to province, since it is based on provincial social assistance rates. The monthly amount is meant to cover food, shelter and transportation.
In most cases, the first month's income support payment is larger because it includes a one-time payment to cover the basic costs of setting up a household.
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: