I already submitted my Express Entry profile. Can I still update it?
If you were not found eligible, you will not be able to update your profile. You will have to create a new profile. Be sure your profile is complete and correct before you submit it.
If your profile was found eligible for the pool, you can still update it after you’ve submitted it. Follow these steps:
- On the main page of your account (the one that says Welcome to your account at the top), go to the section “What would you like to do today?”
- Scroll down to “View my submitted applications or profiles”
- Click on the “Check status and messages” button:
- On the “Application/profile details” page, click on the “view submitted application” button (near the bottom):
- On the “Express Entry profile” page, click on the “Update form” button for the section you want to change.
Note: if the button only says “View form,” your profile was not found eligible. You will have to submit a new one.
- Make any changes you need to, and then click the “Save and Exit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have finished updating your profile, click on the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page. Follow the directions provided to submit your updated profile.
Note: The “Revert changes” button will appear each time you enter a form and click on the “Save and exit” button, even if you didn't make any changes.
If you did not make any changes, click on the “Revert changes” button to confirm this.
Answers others found useful
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- I was found not eligible for Express Entry and I can’t change my profile. What do I do?
- How can I get a certificate of qualification from a provincial or territorial body for the Federal Skilled Trades Program?
- What is a personal reference code for Express Entry? Where can I get a one?
- I am a native English or French speaker. Why do I need to take a language test for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date Modified: