I paid the employer compliance fee, but the worker is no longer coming to Canada. Can I get a refund?
Yes, you can get a refund, but you must withdraw your offer of employment.
If you submitted your offer of employment using the Employer Portal, follow these steps:
- Select Access the offer of employment queue.
- Click Withdraw application for the offer you want to withdraw.
- Click Continue.
- Read the confirmation message and click Continue again to return to the employment queue page.
If you submitted your offer by email, send an email to IRCC.CancelOffer-Annuleroffre.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and:
- Write “Cancel offer submitted on (date) by (employer name) for (employee name)” in the subject line, and
- attach the original offer of employment and payment receipt.
Find more information on withdrawing your offer of employment in the Employer Portal user guide.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date Modified: