Do in-Canada refugee claimants get resettlement assistance?
No. In-Canada refugee claimants are not permanent residents. They have not been selected for resettlement and so they are not eligible for resettlement assistance.
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date Modified: