Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (Green Card holder). What documents do I need to apply for an eTA?

To apply for an eTA, you will need:

On the eTA application, enter your Green Card number or your ADIT stamp number in the field:

United States lawful permanent resident alien registration card (Green Card) number

What to bring to the airport

The eTA is electronically linked to that passport. There is no need to print anything.

However, to board your flight to Canada you need:

NOTE: If you get a new passport after receiving an eTA, you need to apply for a new eTA.

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date Modified: