Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (Green Card holder) coming to Canada by car. Do I need an eTA?

No. You do not need an eTA when you enter Canada by land or sea. However, you will need an eTA if you fly to Canada.

Whenever you travel to Canada, regardless of the method of travel, carry valid proof of U.S. lawful permanent resident status, such as:

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date Modified: